So… I find out tomorrow about my top choice school. A lot of my friends find out today.
Although I’m dreading it, I have been overwhelmed by so much positivity and optimism and encouragement from my friends, who have emailed and messaged me, talked to me and just told me how college does not define me and that they were rooting for me.
I’m amazed. I feel so loved and it is such a good feeling.
If things don’t turn out how I want them to in the end, I know that God has another plan for me.
“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”
1 Corinthians 2:9
but I find a peculiar enjoyment in starting a new college application and ending an old one
there’s just that beautiful satisfaction of all the possibilities that you can write about and a content relief when you finish as you try to tell as much as possible about yourself and the person that you are
except BU… their apps are like research papers
A long delayed post about my college visits in the upper New England area. I visited Dartmouth, Brown, Boston University, Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and MIT. Out of all of them, my favorites were Yale and Princeton. As a first semester high school senior, I have fully plunged into the hellish environment that are the college apps. I have sat for days sitting in front of my computer thinking about my failures and my life experiences, trying so hard to make it come out into an accurate and coherent portrayal of who I am… in less than 650 words. Going to these colleges gave me great excitement but contributed to a deep and healthy fear. Obviously, I am not going to get into all of these colleges – I would just be happy to get into one… but even that is a far off dream. It all has become so much more real as I visit them and imagine what four years of my life will be like and as I face and struggle with my own doubts and uncertainties about my own capabilities.
I love the clouds. When we visited Columbia!
Princeton was breathtakingly beautiful and also hauntingly quiet as the students were not back yet.
It was a rainy day at Yale… but it was still beautiful!
Me and my little bro at MIT, viewing these quirky buildings.
It was absolutely beautiful the day we went to Boston University. Sun, clouds, blue skies.
Harvard was so typically Bostonian… people milling around, cars passing by. I had the most interesting tour guide.
Clouds n trees
I love Panera!!! Reminds me of cute and cozy places.
We stayed in Providence, Rhode Island. This is their capital building!
a little update on life!
– i’ve been working crazy hard on college apps and summer work and other shtuff
– been a little sad about having to say a lot of farewells this year for when all the college people leave and go back to school
– also dreading the start of school and the start of seeing everybody again
– why can’t summer last forever?
– why can’t i focus on Jesus more?
– massive pressure from everyone
Too much to keep track (ugh)
– for health and recovery for a dear friend
– for peace, safety, and happiness in mi familia
– for school
– for my senior friends’ college apps
– for my brother’s many injuries
– and to everybody else, that you may be happy and feel blessed, to have your wounds healed and your tears wiped away, to see light in the darkness, and to know that God is watching over you and your loved ones. 🙂
if you see this, give this a little prayer
just wanted to get these things safely secured and documented,
lots of ❤