things that give me heart eyes
One of those rare moments when people take pictures of me. A small glimpse into last summer’s photoshoot on the University of Delaware’s campus.
- Drea Chong
Aside from the fact that Drea is absolutely beautiful, I really love the effort she puts into her work. Unlike some other bloggers out there that just post pictures of themselves that their photographers took of them, she goes through each of her work and edits them and organizes them in ways that are interesting and different. For example, in the picture above, the level of graphic design skill and attention to detail that she possesses is absolutely incredible.
- Grace & Beauty
One of the reasons why I follow Cyndi Spivey’s blog despite the fact that I am not over forty years old is that I really enjoy her humble and genuine spirit in addition to her fashion sense. A fellow Christian, I really love her Sunday musings and the way she weaves in conversations about her faith in the blogosphere as well as in creating her own personal fashion style.
- Gary Pepper Girl
Pretty sure if I met Nicole Warne in real life, I would probably be straight up intimidated. This woman is a powerhouse businesswoman and the professional quality of her blog is so incredible, its probably unattainable for us normal users 😥 I love the way she styles herself and chooses not to wear just anything, but really unique pieces of high quality. She opens the doors to a whole new set of unexplored designers for us to look at but perhaps not buy from.
When I was younger, I used to be so confused as to why celebrities chose to dress the way they did on the red carpet. However, I realize, now that I am older, that it’s probably because they go to so many events, so many different shows that they are probably tired of just wearing what’s considered traditionally pretty or beautiful. They want to experiment and see if what they pull off can actually be worn or not.
I personally think Emma Watson does a wonderful job of this. Her outfit choices are somewhat unusual, but definitely not extreme (as some others), meaning that I can totally see some of these outfits transitioning into more standard wear on the red carpet.
- 2012 Haute Couture, Dior with Tiffany & Co. key pendant and Boucheron diamond studs
- This outfit is reminiscent of the one that I put up of Kiernan Shipka, but I do believe Emma was earlier! 🙂 This outfit works because it is put together well, everything is sleek and fitted, in a perfect monochrome black. Thus, it looks elegant rather than weird.
- 2014 Elle Style Awards London, Giambattista Valli Haute Couture dress
- I believe the bottom part of the outfit is actually a gigantic bow, which I think is absolutely so creative. It transforms such a girly item into the silhouette of a dress itself.
- 2014 Haute Couture Paris, Dior head-to-toe
- This outfit is probably the most “normal” of the five. However, I still think there must be something said about the asymmetry – although it looks odd, I actually think it makes it look unique.I love the incorporation of typical style fads of the day such as see through tulle and the high-low structure, while also be quirky and original in its own way.
- 2015 Time 100 Gala, wearing Dior top, jean and skirt with Repossi and Eva Fehren jewelry
- I think women should wear pants more for dressy occasions! I enjoy the odd little cape of gray material at Emma’s waist because it adds to the dressy flair despite being a pair of pants.
- 2013 GQ Men of the Year Awards, Balenciaga top and pants
- This one was pretty odd, to be sure, but again, I love the fact that she wore pants. The crop top and cape part of the top definitely adds a flair to the outfit, making it both edgy and proud.
Experimenting with this new method for now, but I hope you guys enjoy it! Definitely a work in progress, but hopefully I will figure out as I manipulate things how to place things better and more clearer with more information, yada yada
Anyway, I wanted to talk about Kiernan Shipka’s style, which I think has so flawlessly transitioned through the years of her being in the spotlight. I also think that the way she dresses is pretty unextreme, which means lots of people can replicate if they so choose. I chose these three looks from the last couple of months when she was on the red carpet because I think they really establish how she is able to pull off a variety of looks very successfully.
Some things I noticed…
- Coordination – Everything in her outfit works complementary with the other aspects. Her hair, for example, in look 2 would look terrible with look 1 because it would be reminiscent of the flowery components of her dress and make for an overwhelming sense of frill. Thus, she keeps it sleek and off her face, showing off the off-the-shoulder look of her dress very well. That was just one example, but clearly throughout, from her shoes to her makeup to her hair, she has in mind what kind of air she wants to create and follows through completely.
- Stance – Kiernan also really knows how to pose on the red carpet. She is pretty short, so crossing her legs in the pictures actually elongates them in 1 and 3, looks where her legs are very visible. Look 3 is elegant, even more so because she stands very tall and straight with her shoulders back. Thus, it is not only her sense of style (which of course has probably quite an influence from her stylist) but also the awareness of her outfit that makes her quite the fashionable little lady. 🙂
Seams for a Desire is an international fashion blog. I think it’s really cool to see how other countries have their own way of dressing and styling that definitely has connections with the fashion styles I see in the U.S., but also special in their own type of way. This is really made possible by the fact that Jessie writes her blog posts in both English and Spanish. For me, it shows just how dedicated she is to her blog and to making it available to all sorts of readers.
2. Extra Petite
A cool thing about Extra Petite is just how dedicated she is to spreading information regarding fashion. She posts pictures of herself modeling different styles, but more so, she also gives in detail information about every piece she’s wearing. She wears affordable outfits in a petite size, so she targets other petite-sized people and gives them advice and recommendations regarding a certain fit of a shirt or a dress. I think her thoroughness is something to be appreciated for.
The feel I get from Gal Meets Glam is definitely a sort of Southern sweetness. I love that she always takes her pictures in front of beautiful landscapes and flowers and trees. Makes me wish that I was there as well heh. Her outfits are also bright, colorful, and full of cute classiness. Her style is definitely very different from say, Happily Grey, but I think drawing inspiration from many different sources is really important.
Since I have been on WordPress for around three years now, I wanted to share some of the top blogs that I follow. I think I am going to split this post into maybe three posts because I want to make sure I really do a good job of capturing each of these bloggers. Anyways, take a look 🙂
I have been following Wendy the longest out of any other blogger out there. I stumbled across her after watching her video (actually shown in the screen shot) of 25 different ways of styling scarves. Using that as my first impression, it became clear to me that Wendy was different, creative in her perspective towards fashion, with a genuinely unique sense of style. In fact, I believe it was her blog that jumpstarted my own forays into the blogosphere and also into discovering so many more bloggers out there. I can count on her to be a consistent source of fashion inspiration.
2. Viva Luxury
I adore Viva Luxury’s sense of style, one that is characterized by statement pieces that show her fearlessness in fashion exploration. She pays attention to the details, from casually odd pairs of earrings to the bunny ears on her flats, and I really admire that. Add to that, her beautiful model figure makes everything look oh so very good.
3. Happily Grey
What caught my eye about Happily Grey was a combination of her style and the way she holds herself. Each blogger, as with each person, has their own unique way of creating their image. In the case of the blogger, that depends on several aspects, the way that they walk, the way that their website is designed, the way that their pictures are taken, and finally the way that they style their clothes. I take inspiration from the way that Happily Grey combines feminine and masculine pieces in such a way that it creates a neutrality of expression, an aura that is also very much reflected in the way that her every self is presented on her website. Consistency. I like it.
Another artist/band that I am obsessed with is Us the Duo.
You can check out their fantastic mashup of the most popular songs of 2014 here….
But on to one half of “Us the Duo” is Carissa Alvarado, whose fashion sense I absolutely love
Carissa knows how to dress for her skin tone. I love her use of earthy tones and colors – going for the off reds and whites, browns that match extremely well with her hair, the relaxed hippy kind of look with hats and comfortable shoes and dresses. She seems to wear with careful care, but with a comfortable understated look. It also helps that she is absolutely gorgeous! 🙂
You can see more of her amazing style on her Instagram – which I took the pictures from!
Who doesn’t love Emma Watson… that’s the real question.
Look at her.
But okay, I suppose that starts my first point.
The girl is absolutely gorgeous.
She’s smart and she values education. It’s so hard to see other celebrities who are successful where they are, yet still prize education and schooling. Emma has enough money to last her through her entire life, yet she does even more by going to Brown University and graduating, on top of filming a bazillion movies. Obviously, she’s not the only one and you can hear about Dylan and Cole Sprouse and their studies at NYU or Chloe Bridges at Columbia… but let’s be real, she’s definitely under the spotlight the most.
(sidenote* many apologies for the random sizes of these pictures, I have no idea how to change it :P)
She’s such a feminist and it’s amazing. She’s amazing. :3 She isn’t just an actress or a student, she’s also a social activist. Her speech for HeForShe in support of women’s rights is straight up amazing. She is a true model to look up to, who uses her fame for something other than more luxury for herself.
She’s respectful. There aren’t any of her naked pictures up on the Internet…(not that it was the fault of Jennifer Lawrence and the others) she dresses appropriately, casually, rather than trying to bring more attention to herself. I find this so attractive. It’s so easy to compare her and put her above the likes of Miley Cyrus or Rihanna.
She’s also a successful movie star. I suppose you can’t help but mention this fact because how else did she become famous. I love Harry Potter, so that’s a bonus, but she has also starred in the most successful movies compared to her fellow castmates from Harry Potter such as The Bling Ring and Noah.
Dat fashion sense doe… hot hot hot… Girl can work it if she wants to.
I feel like this covers most of it… let me know if you think there’s something missing that I should mention! Love for Emma Watson needs to be shared 🙂